Timeless Cameos

April 27, 2011


  • Cameos… works of miniature sculpted art have been cherished for ages. While their original purpose is somewhat lost in history, cameos owe their origins to ancient carving traditions. For at least 100 years from about 1840-1940, the cameo was the one piece of jewelry most women owned. While predominantly showcasing women’s profiles cameos also reveal the manners, customs, philosophies, historic events, and social occasions that have marked our past. While I was home this past weekend I engaged in one of my favorite past times… sneaking a peak into my mother’s jewelry box… I dug out a small little cameo which I had forgotten about tucked away deep in a corner which has a ship sculpted on it, this particular cameo most definitely marks a perfect example of one which encompasses an occasion of the past.
    To learn more about Cameos click here
    • TARINA TARANTINO TARINA TARANTINO "Classic" Pink Cameo Post Earrings

    • $28 - endless.com


    • Tagliamonte Three Graces - 18K Gold Mother of Pearl Cameo Pendant

    • $1,148 - forzieri.com


    • Angel Cameo Stud Earrings

    • $22 - 1928.com


    • Potluck Paris jewelry - Cameo Ring Silver

    • $120 - moxsie.com


    • Del Gatto Woman Agate Cameo 18K Gold Ring

    • $282 - forzieri.com


    • Del Gatto Woman Mother of Pearl Cameo Pendant/Pin

    • $495 - forzieri.com


    • Del Gatto Young Woman Cornelian Cameo Pendant / Pin

    • $466 - forzieri.com




1 comment

  1. I am on a search for a fuschia cameo ring for my adult granddaughter and the one I have found tied to this site is what I am looking for. Where can i find it???

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Perrin and Stone . Design by FCD.