DIY: The "grown-up" Friendship Bracelet

March 15, 2011


Once upon a time there were friendship bracelets, and no I’m not referring to silly bandz, I’m talking about the true old school real deal braided knotted and twisted embroidery thread friendship bracelets. I seriously remember it like it was yesterday braiding my little heart out making tons of these to take to the Alameda Girls Club to sell for about .50 cents a piece sitting on the brick steps leading up to A Room! And while I like to believe that I have stepped up my handmade jewelry game a notch since those days, I am still all about the DIY! I am diggin' almost everything about Net-A-Porters Aurélie Bidermann 18-karat gold-plated bracelet woven with pink and watermelon cotton thread, everything but the price! So when I recently stumbled across Honestly... WTF's amazing DIY project it instantly became a MUST for me to share with all of you!  This DIY woven chain bracelet is the ultimate “grown-up” friendship bracelet! It is super simple to make and you only need few easily accessible supplies to make this gem a part of your life! So grab your scissors , some embroidery thread  in the colors of your choice, a couple of bobby pins, a simple curb link bracelet, you favorite Pandora station & maybe a glass of vino and you will be ready to start! Best of luck and I would luv to see the finished project pics!     
  
Your Supplies:
Step 1:

Step 2:
Finished! 
Wear it & Luv it! 







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perrin and Stone . Design by FCD.