On.Jess’s.Shelf: Weekend DIY Jewelry-Scape

February 25, 2011

I vividly remember getting one of my first jewelry boxes as a little girl. Although it wasn’t lined with red velvet fabric, or wasn’t adorned with the classic ballerina who danced en pointe when you wound the back and opened the box, it did serve the purpose! And while gone are the days when I stored all my keep sake gems together in 1 localized fancy box, my collection of jewelry along with my love of it has undeniably expanded. So after letting an inexcusable amount of time pass since I have done any reorganizing in my closet, I have decided that I am going to spend the first part of my Saturday morning doing just that. I plan to tackle one shelf in particular to begin with and that shelf just happens to house most of my jewelry. I have said before and will say it again, jewelry begs to be displayed! Whether its hung on a wall or a pretty little knob in place of some art or be it pouring from a beautiful box or tray jewelry should be displayed front and center for the world to see, it’s a colorful accessory that can look so chic in your home!

A recent purchase of mine, a gorgeous white lucite tray, has prompted me to untangle the ungodly large knot of chains currently hiding in my bathroom drawer and to find a home for all my loose rings and bracelets.
The fact is, if I don't have the jewelry readily accessible or on display, I just do not remember to wear it. Wish me luck!









Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perrin and Stone . Design by FCD.