I see it. I like it. I make it.

February 3, 2011


When I hear the word handmade or see the acronym DIY I can’t help but think of a REVOLUTION! I am a frequent visitor of a blog entitled P.S.- I made this... and the philosophy and genius behind this particular blog is something that really rings true to heart for me. P.S. I made this is a movement. It's a call to action to reimagine, reuse & reinvent. I see it. I like it. I make it. That’s where I totally relate, I see it, I like it, I make it… when it comes to jewelry that is! A little back story on my motivation to see, like and make goes a little something like this… For those of you who have had the pleasure to accompany me on many retail therapy trips, know full in well that my 4 most uttered words on any given shopping day are “I could make that…” thus my self proclaimed MO is I see it, I like it, I make it! While I can only dream about the day I am able to walk into Barney’s New York and throw down a few g’s on a pair of earrings that are nothing short of fabulous… a little window shopping never hurt anyone right, and quite often actually ends up sparking some inspiration! A few years back while visiting Barneys New York in Beverly Hills for a little lunch date I arrived early and decided to do just that to kill some time and what else but… window shop! Naturally I headed straight for the women’s designer jewelry department and while I was window shopping without question I was suddenly overwhelmed with inspiration.  As I leaned over and looked into the perfectly polished glass display case it was almost as if everything caught my attention, but there was one pair of earrings in particular i had my eye on and while the price tag that came with them was hefty to say the least, I was diffinetely inspired! And with that coupled with the sheer fact I have more time on my hands these days than I do money, I thought to myself… I could make that… And so I did! So until that day comes where I can scream out Money aint a thang, I will continue to live my life with the following attitude: , I see it, I like it, I make it!  

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perrin and Stone . Design by FCD.