Jewelry Retailer... Bed Bath & Beyond?

February 19, 2013

Bed Bath & Beyond offers a variety of toys, including licensed products, in-store and online.
"For you last minute Valentine’s Day shoppers out there who still can’t decide whether to buy your honey a single-serve coffeemaker or a heart pendant, you can buy her both — at Bed Bath & Beyond"

Ok so I know Valentine’s Day has passed, but I recently spotted the above verbiage  via Forbes magazine last week and am not so sure how I feel about it… When I think of Bed Bath & Beyond the last thing that comes to mind is one stop shopping, especially for something such as jewelry. I am undoubtedly aware of the increasing trend with major retailers peddling above and beyond their otherwise regular niche (objective obvious) but there are just some things that should remain separate… one being my shopping for home appliances and my shopping for jewelry & accessories {diamonds included!}. However, the fact that they offer a wide variety of jewelry boxes and jewelry organizers does in a way make this work... a little... but I mean just because they sell hangers doesnt mean they should also sell clothing to hang on them, right?! This is just my gracious opinion… and I am by no means knocking the choice of brands Bed Bath & Beyond has chosen to add to their repertoire, but I cant help but question their motives… I also think their marketing strategy is rather effective. But still... Would you choose to gift someone or gift yourself for that matter a piece of jewelry from one of the biggest home furnishings retailers? Just something to think about… And if you answered yes to this... than you may be interested in checking out their Jewelry Trunk Show... I think I will keep my Bed Bath & Beyond jewlery related purschases to storage and organizing isle, thank you!

Below are some of the additional jewelry no-no's promotions of Bed Bath & Beyond...
 
Badgley Mischka Jewelry


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perrin and Stone . Design by FCD.