Skeletal Metallics on the First Day of Fall!

September 23, 2011


I can’t think of a more sophisticated conversation piece to start off the first day of fall… Although I haven’t officially traded in my havi flops for my trusty ballet flats just yet, fall is definitely in the air… I can feel it! These striking designs inspired right by nature are fashioned from a REAL skeleton leafs. The skeletoniszing process typically consists of the delicate remains of a leaf which has been pressed, dried, and placed between two pieces of glass, and then somehow has been sealed and coated with either gold or silver. While the ins and outs of this technique remain a mystery to me, the end result of these elegant leaves yields such an ethereal beauty providing a perfectly preserved accessory to adorn yourself with this fall! Below I have some fall worthy designs, skelontinized and more...
  • Nugaard Designs Gold Jequitiba Leaf Earrings Nugaard Designs

  • $173 - maxandchloe.com







    • Asos Statement Linked Leaves Collar

    • $64 - asos.com

    • Spring Ring in Rose Gold with Tourmalines

    • $2,780 - ylang23.com

    • Catherine Weitzman Plumeria Leaf Gold Cuff Catherine Weitzman

    • $700 - maxandchloe.com



    • Kendra Scott 'Celeste' Leaf Wrap Stone Cuff Turquoise One Size

    • $68 - nordstrom.com





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perrin and Stone . Design by FCD.